Friday, May 23, 2008

Enjoying Times with Family & Friends?

NOT! Do not get me wrong I enjoy hanging out with people and I am very thankful for the people that wanted to come over and hang out while I removed my roof and put a new one on but it took a lot longer than anticipated. What I thought would be a long weekend project turned into a couple weeks project. The old roof was much more difficult to get off (as can be testified by many individuals that helped) than I thought. But it was great getting to hang out with a variety of different people. I would also like to give a shout out to those of you who just drove by and honked your horn, just to say Hi. Here are a couple of action shots of people enjoying themselves.
In the top picture we have Greg and Gardner on the roof and Jeff Doing clean-up on the ground.In this picture we have Dave, Gardner, and Jeremy helping me tear off the front portion of the house.In this picture we have Mike and Jeff in the dumpster and my dad, Gardner, Greg and myself on the roof.
Here is a picture of the roof being put back together. In this pictures we have Adam, Maxwell, Amelia, Elijah, Orlando, and me. Here is a picture of the dads working together

Here is a picture of Pastor Tim helping move shingles from one side of house to the other.

Thank you to all who helped, Adam, Gardner, Mike, Jeff, Greg, Jeremy, Marc, Jon, Neil, my dad, Pastor Tim, and Dan. Also thanks to my wife and mother for helping to watch the kids, so some men could be on the roof and also helping with clean up on the ground. Katie wants me to mention that she was up on the roof pulling staples and within ten minutes had already developed a blister. Sorry two blisters and she says she still has scars to prove it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of work I'm sure...but well woth it- it looks great! And now that it's over you can start posting more- come on now!

And Katie, I loved the toe touch- I can just imagine. ha!

Holli said...

I love how PASTOR Tim is represented but Greg and Jeremy are just plain ole people!:) I am sure the house looks great! Has any renovations been happening on the inside? I know you have been in school, working and such but inquiring minds would like to know!