Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catching Up


Okay, so it has been a while since we last wrote. I believe that it has been about 5 months, since July, when we went up to Milwaukee to see the Shouses and the Brewers. So at the end of July we went with my parents and sister and her family to Tan Tara. It is located in Osage Beach Missouri. After that school started back up for Amelia, in first grade, Elijah and Orlando, in preschool, and this should be my final year. Amelia is loving school and the friends she is making. Elijah and Orlando are in preschool together with each other and some of their friends. Their preschool is run at the High School and the High Schoolers are the teachers. At the beginning of September, Katie and I went back to Milwaukee with some of our friends to watch the Brewers play the last series of the regular season against the Cubs. We went up for the Friday game to celebrate Brian's birthday. After the game on Saturday, the guys went out to eat and then went mini golfing. Brian sure is competitive, but we let him win since it was his birthday. HAHA. Katie and thengot to stay for the final game when the Brewers got the wild card into the playoffs. It was awesome. After the game was over, they put the Mets game up on the big screen. During this time they ushered family and friends down onto the field. So there Katie and I were standing on the field watching the game with all the Brewers players and their families. The place went nuts when the Mets lost. After the mets game Katie and I drove to Chicago to watch the Bears and the Eagles play football. The Bears beat the Eagles. It was an awesome sports weekend for Katie and I. Our next big event was Uan's birthday, he is getting to be such a big boy, then we celebrated Katie's birthday. A week later we celebrated Elijah's birthday. We took him to see a movie and then to McDonald's with some of his friends. Our next big event was Thanksgiving. I went out shopping the following day, Black Friday, for the first time. The lines were just crazy. I went to Toys R Us and Target and left because of the length of the lines. Well I just finished my finals at Eureka College and ICC, this semester was rough taking six classes, but I only have one semester left. The boys finish preschool tomorrow and Amelia is done this Friday. I hope that catches everyone up. Christmas is just around the corner. I hope that everyone has a blessed Christmas and safe travels. Merry Christmas to everyone.

7 comments:

Holli said...

I thought you had given up on the blog!:) Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see you all soon! Merry Christmas!

Robin said...

Wow, thanks for posting! I just happened to check your blog today. I am glad that I did. I can't believe you were taking 6 classes. You are crazy! Good luck your last semester!

The Gardners said...

It is about time!

Mike, Dawn, Ashley & Joshua Gibbs said...

I would have to agree with Gardners...about time! Sounds like a fun summer...missed you guys camping though! Hurry and get done with school so we will see you guys more often!!

Janell said...

Welcome back to blogland. :)

Erin said...

Welcome back guys!

The Deans said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a new entry. I had given up checking. You can tell Matt has some extra time right now with blogging 2 days in a row. Glad you are back. We've missed you!